For Summer Camp 2017 we returned to Blackland Farm activity centre near East Grinstead. In what was a rather unsettled summer we did very well with the weather
Our theme was the Orient Express and each day we visited a new country. The Cubs each researched a country to tell us about so that we could complete our passport each day.
Camp ran from Sunday 13 to Saturday 19 August with our mini-campers leaving us on the Wednesday. It was a level 3 camp as we slept in tents. With Sussex100 in 2016 we hadn’t had a proper summer camp since 2015 which meant that none of our campers had been on such a long camp with us.
Our countries and activities were:
- Sunday – start our journey in London, Make passports & country flags
- Monday – Paris, France. Climb the Eiffel Tower and abseil from it
- Tuesday – Munich, Germany. Hike to the Bluebell Railway. Steam train trip
- Wednesday – Vienna, Austria. Climb the Alps, swim in the River Danube. Celebrate Prangstangen and attend site campfire.
- Thursday – Budapest, Hungary. Explore the Buda Castle labyrinth and visit the Kassai Valley archery school.
- Friday – Bucharest, Romania. Cruise the Danube Delta to the Black Sea
- Saturday – arrive in Istanbul, Turkey – our destination
Our guest list was:
- Full week (8): Lucybelle, Thomas, Martha, Robin, Violet, Joshua, James, Luke
- Mini camp (3): Megan, Evan and Poppy
- Helpers camping at various times – Rann (Su), Lindsay (Mo)
- Adults camping – Jacala, Marian, Hathi (Th-Sa), Kaa, Tabaqui, Hawkeye (Su-We)
Remember to click on the first picture and then the white “i” in the top corner to see our captions in the info window on the right of the screen.
Thanks to Jacala for providing the photos
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram to see photos from camp while we are there.